10th Kyu White Belt – Red Stripe
The student must have paid membership in full and have trained at least 10 times before attempting this examination.
|TACHI-KATA (STANCES) 1. Attention Stance – Musubi-dachi|
2. Sotohachiji-dachi (Shizentai) – Natural Stance
3. Heisoku-dachi – Closed Feet Stance
4. Heiko-dachi – Parallel Feet Stance
5. Kiba-dachi – Horse Stance
6. Zenkutsu-dachi – Forward Leaning Stance
7. Kokutsu-dachi – Back Stance
8. Shiko-dachi – Straddle Stance (Four Corner Stance)
KIHON WAZA (BASIC TECHNIQUES)
1. Kiba-zuki – Horse Stance and Punches Chudan (Stomach Level Jodan Face Level) 2. Mae-geri – Front Kick Chudan( Stomach Level) & Jodan (Kerikomi at Face Level) 3. Shiho Tenshin – Basic Turning (Four Directions) Zenkutsu-dachi ( Front Stance)
– Students must understand the basic karate stances plus and have an understanding of targets relating to punching and kicking technique.
– The student will be required a Karate Do-Gi in order to participate in the process. – – The Obi (belt) must be tied correctly.